Saturday, January 17, 2009

Speaking of Road Trips....

We're trying to plan our own!

We are in the process of working to get back on the road in our RV. We just got six new tires put on the rig in addition to other basic maintenance. I'm still in shock that it was time to replace the tires due to age. Is she really that old? Am I?

This year will be different for us. For one, we're looking at renting out the condo while we travel. So this means cleaning out the cupboards. What a project - use up, give away, throw away, or put in storage? That's my current motto every time I open a closet, drawer, or cabinet.

We are also going to sell our second car - know anyone who'd be interested in a 1994 Toyota Camry?! It's in great shape and only has 69,750 miles. I love this car, but it doesn't make sense to keep it for how little I use it. Being in a downtown environment I walk or ride my bike most places.

The final big change for us with this upcoming trip will be that we hope to be working. As Workampers, that is. We've put together our resume and just got it posted online at Workamper News. We'll be very excited to get an opportunity to work part-time somewhere to help us get back on the road. Wish us luck on finding a position!

That's my quick update. Hopefully everything will come together for us so we can make this happen!

No comments: