Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Passports

Not long ago we needed to renew our passports. I was a little frustrated, needless to say, at the thought of having to pay $15 for each of us to get those little 2x2 photos. In this day, with digital cameras and home photo printers, I thought there had to be a more economical way then throwing $30 out the window. After doing some research on the internet I came across EPassportPhotos and thought I'd give them a try.

All I had to do was to take some face shots of us, upload them to EPassportPhotos, crop them per their instructions, then download them and print them out on our home printer. Of course I was still nervous that after doing all that (for FREE), that the photos would get rejected in our application. But everything went well! We got our new passports in the mail, and everything worked perfectly. So, I thought I'd share our experience with you in case you too were coming up for renewal.

The website can also do the printing for you for $5.99 (for 6 2x2 photos) if you don't have a quality photo printer or 4x6 photo paper. Still cheaper than going to Walgreens or Ritz.

No comments: