Sunday, August 03, 2008

Our Latest Decision

I can't believe another month has flown by and it was time again to decide our future. Andy's decision was easier than mine...he will continue trading (for at least another month). With the new ideas and knowledge he learned from Brian Shannon's Book, he's been able to day trade with some success. The market has been so volatile this past month it has been virtually impossible to trade on any time frame longer than that.

I, on the other hand, had a harder decision. July was a difficult month for me. There's something that is very mentally straining about trying to work (take trades) but be unable to because of fear, frustration, and a total lack of trust in the market. I know I'm not alone. I know the professionals say this is not a market to be involved in, unless you're very aggressive. A bear market is not a time to be buying stocks, it's a time to sit in cash, prepare and wait. But I feel like I'm wasting time. So, I've decided that in the meantime I will focus half of my time on discovering & starting up a new business or I will find work. I am not ready or willing to give up on the trading, I'll just go "part-time". I did have a good month in June, which shows me that I can do this in better market conditions.

No comments: