Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I Can't Wait!

We are heading to Colorado! Yippee! I just can't even tell you how excited we are. We started thinking we needed to get away: mountains, wildlife, cooler weather....We know Andy's mom loves to travel as much as we do, and it's a BIG birthday for her this September (no, Mom, I won't share it with everyone unless you want me to!) so we threw this idea out there and immediately got a positive response. Andy's sister and a niece are joining us, too. It'll be great.

Andy and I have begun the planning stages: fly into Denver, stay one night in Boulder, three nights in Estes Park, and then the last night in Denver. It's funny how Andy and I fell immediately into our usual roles: he plans the travel and housing, and I get the "fun" stuff. I usually create a (long) list of the things that I would like to do (or in this case, what the group might like to do), and then when we get there we'll see & do whatever makes us happy.

For now I get to dream about snow-capped mountains, golden aspens, bugling elks, pikas, big horns, moose....all of these things I've been missing here in Florida.

No comments: