Friday, November 09, 2007

RVing Defined

My girlfriend, Jen, busted my chops the other day because I was whining about not being able to stop and see Chiricahua or State Parks. She got me thinking about why it bothers me so much to not see places as we travel. So, here are my thoughts. An RV is a "recreational vehicle", right? If you take away the 'recreational' aspect of it, then it is just a vehicle. Which means, if you are not using your RV to tour and explore, then you are just driving a vehicle across the country. Which sounds more inviting to you? So, we'll keep the 'recreation' in our vehicle and keep touring and exploring...because it's the driving part that is no fun.

Unfortunately for you, that means you'll hear me whine once in a while when we've had a few consecutive days of long driving and no time for the good stuff! Sorry!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cool! We have driven by there at least 10 times and because of our tight work schedule not stopped. You KEEP the recreational in your vehicle and Don't stop. Luckily we live in ours full time so when we do get the chance to explore I have all necessary toys and or tools. Cya soon Lynne

Jim Guld, Mr. Geek said...

Yes, yes, yes.
I really love being on the road.
One of my favorite things is the feeling I get when we have left a place and we are travelling down the long ribbon of highway listening to some tunes. I have my best friend in the passenger seat along side me.

Jim Guld, Mr. Geek said...

If I wanted to be a smart-ass as usual, I would follow that by saying "...my best friend in the passenger seat... and my wife fixing me a snack in the galley!" HA.